Thursday, April 24, 2014


I can’t believe that I’m just discovering the magic of using a crock pot.  A friend of mine had given me one as a house-warming gift two years ago.  It sat on the kitchen counter collecting dust until this past weekend.  Another friend of mine was over to the house and saw that I had taken out a package of beef chuck steaks to thaw and bake in the oven.  She suggested that I try using the crockpot to cook the steaks.  I was a little hesitant at first, because I didn’t know how they would turn out. Well, I should have cooked them in the crock pot some time ago.  It was easy peasy.  I say that because those who know me know that I’m not a big cook.  I seasoned the meat and placed it in the slow cooker (another word used for crock pot), cut up some red peppers, green peppers, onions and put them in along with the meat.  I turned the crock pot on high (I wanted it ready within 5-6 hours) and went about my business.  Five and a half hours later, it was ready to be served.  It was so delicious.  I regret that I didn’t cut up some carrots and potatoes to throw in.  
 What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment